Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Preparing the Nest

We are expecting our first in a few short months. We have started preparing the house for the new arrival. Safety, of course is the name of the game. Our house has a steep set of stairs that will require baby proofing. I have been on the look out for a baby gate that will fit the width of the stairs. One for the top of the stairs and one for the bottom. I want something that looks nice, and is very sturdy.
We have approximately 10 outlets in each room. It is convenient but that calls for a ton of outlet covers. While I was searching the internet for a good price on 100 outlet covers, I found many pages about child safety. There are so many products you can buy, it is almost overwhelming.
I think we will start with a few of the obvious safety items, like the baby gate, and cabinet locks. Then we will see which other items we need.
If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you!

No comments: