Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hard Times call for creative measures

As we are all aware the economy is still not what it used to be. I for one have one or two credit cards looming over head with one of those outrageous interest rates. I pay the bill every month, but I knew that I could find a better interest rate. Afterall, that is just throwing money away right. The interest rates can change, and do change with the market, but there are ways to lock in a low interest rate for a period of time. I started shopping around to find a low interest rate credit card to transfer my balance to. It was pretty easy to compare credit cards once I found a few that fit the bill. One thing to really pay attention to is if there is a fee to transfer balances, and how long the interest rate is good for.

I understand that this is not the best way to deal with debt, but for now a little creativity in finance is what we have. I have to say I don't recommend carrying a balance on credit cards, but if it is all you can do, do so responsibly. Finding a lower interest rate can save you money in the long run. Just watch out for the fine print.

No comments: