Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stubborn Mom Discovers the Internet


This is a guest post by Candice Teller

I have long been intimidated by computer/Internet technology. As a mature college graduate and professional, I am embarrassed to admit to being an aging dog reluctant to learn new tricks.
After much prodding from my tech savvy friends and family, I have finally joined the ranks of my emailing, downloading, social networking peers. I now have high speed satellite hughs Internet service at home. Once my daughter sat me down for a brief tutorial, I was surprised and delighted by how easy surfing the web can be. Within minutes, all my apprehension melted away and I was off and running.

My first order of business was planning our family's summer vacation. What an eye opener. All the information I could possibly need was readily available at the touch of a button. Vacation hot spots, hotels, restaurants and entertainment were all just a few keystrokes away. My family's dream vacation was fun and easy to plan. All it took was a little research and comparison shopping.

Planning travel used to be a complicated, arduous process. I have relied on travel professionals in the past with mixed results. Never again. Now that I have embraced the amazing gift that is hughes net internet, I feel completely empowered. What a great feeling!

If you are technologically challenged/phobic like I used to be, fear no more. When it comes to surfing the web, you will quickly learn as you go. Take it from an instant convert. There is nothing to it but to do it.
 

No comments: