Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The power of plants

Do you like natural remedies?  Are you always on the lookout for some new homeopathic medicines?  I am intrigued by the power that plants possess.  The fact that plants found in the rain forests are being discovered all the time to have helpful healing properties is fascinating.  Some of the common everyday plants also have traits that are beneficial to our health.  I must say that I have not tried many of these natural remedies, only that I do search for them because I find them interesting.  I recently ran across a website that promotes the benefits of oregano oil.  There are some interesting findings in some new studies that suggest that the oregano oil may be helpful in the fight against some bacteria.   So possibly could be used when antibiotics were not working.  Would it be the first line of defense?  I don't know, but it is really cool to think there is an alternative to antibiotics.  I don't know about you, but I really am not a fan of those antibiotics.
In the north during the long winters have you ever gotten the blues?  Wish you could be outside soaking up some Vitamin D?  When I lived up in Chicago, I always felt sun deprived in the 6 months that winter is there.  Some may argue that point, but after 10 years in Chicago, I am in the camp that things winter is way to long there.  I digress, the point is there are other ways to get vitamin D than from a pill or the sun.  The Bio D-Mulsion is one way to boost your bodies Vitamin D production.  I am in no way prescribing these, I just find natural medicine intriguing.  The power of plants is endless, and everyday we learn something new about the benefits of different plants.  Take advantage of the internet to do your research, you are sure to find something new.

No comments: