Sunday, February 22, 2009

My weekly Menu planner

Today I planned my meals for the week. We are doing a themed week of Risotto, Orzo, and Couscous. With a deviation on Sunday so that I can make my own chicken stock for the meals for the week! Now that is good planning, and a great way to save some money.

Menu
Sunday Roasted Chicken with Carrot Soup
Monday Cauliflower Risotto with Brie With left over chicken
Tuesday Orzo Carbonara with Shrimp
Wednesday Couscous with apricot served with Pork Chops
Thursday Pea and Bacon Risotto with new york strip

The List
carrots
garlic
onion
brie
parmesean cheese
couscous
dried apricots
arborio rice
orzo
milk
butter
whipping cream
bacon
pork chop
steak
roaster chicken
beer

Again, I brought my two cloth reusable grocery bags, and filled them to the brim. This time everything fit in except the beer. Even the milk was comfortable in the bag. I am amazed with how much fit in the cloth bags. No fear of them breaking or hurting my hands when carrying them out to the car. So my two bag challenge continues, each week I will try to fit my groceries for the week in my handmade grocery bags.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed. I don't even know what I'm having for breakfast in the morning. :)