Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's Hot

Summer is in full swing here in the South, they are predicting a heat index of 108 today!  Whew!  I just got back from a brisk stroller walk.  If you want to walk, it has to be early.  After 9am it is WAY to hot for that.
All this heat is great for the tomatoes though, they are growing by the day and I even got to eat my first yellow cherry tomato yesterday.  Today I think one of the black cherry tomatoes will be ready to be plucked and eaten straight off the vine!

Yesterday afternoon I was able to go to the neighbors and pick some delicious Florida blueberries.  Homegrown fruit is so much sweeter, in so many ways.  I went to my favorite recipes and found the one from awhile back.  The Blueberry brownies, oh how delicious.  Just thinking of them makes me want to get up and eat one.  I posted my recipe here!  They are worth a try, even if you don't have homegrown blueberries.

No comments: