Thursday, January 22, 2009

To watch or not to Watch

The Tv that is. Does one really need 28 movie channels? That is what DirecTV offers, actually over 28 movie channels. I can't even imagine having that many channels. Currently, I have basic cable just so that I can have high speed internet. With the 30 channels I get, there is nothing on, so I can't picture flipping through hundreds of channels just to find out there is nothing worth watching!
Although if you are the kind of person that watches the day in your periferal vision fade from light to dark from the couch, you can find great deals on the internet. DirecTV specials are all over their webpage. I can not say that I am one of those people. I can only think that if we ( including myself), would spend just a little less time in front of the electronics, we might find ourselves in a better place.

I remember a time not so long ago, when I was young and watching a TV was a Saturday morning privilege, that was used as leverage to keep you on your best behavior throughout the week. Now we are bombarded with television everywhere we go in the car, the airplane, and you can even watch TV on a handheld, like your ipod touch! So I say turn off your DirecTV or cable and get outside, or take a class, or pick up a new hobby. See where life will take you.

No comments: