Thursday, July 8, 2010

Is timing Everything?

When it comes to listing your items on Etsy do you think time of day has anything to do with it?  This has been discussed over and over in many forums, blogs and chat rooms, but have we come up with any conclusions?  At the end of this month I will have been a member of etsy for 3 years (wow, time flies).
It has been educational, fun, exciting, and sometimes slow.  I have not figured out the magical hour, but what I do know is the more you post, the more people see you.  Pictures are also a key to selling, better  pictures + more people viewing your post...equals more sales.   There was a time when I was posting everyday, staying at the top of the category, and really promoting my shop.  Bags were selling, and people were visiting my online storefront.  After a while, I got behind, then I was in a lull.  It is time for Threadbeaur to make a come back.  I am revamping my photos, and increasing my inventory.
Going into the 4th year, I am going to try to keep my shop up to date, and keep it full of glorious eco friendly shopping bags and reusable coffee sleeves.  Tell me about your Etsy experiences.  We all learn from each other and I would love to hear your story.

1 comment:

Amanda @geekdetails said...

I haven't noticed that time of day matters for me, but it does matter if I'm promoting my store. I tend to view etsy more as a venue to sell at rather than a way to be seen. Meaning I feel it's up to me to bring my customers to my store, not for them to randomly find me on etsy.

I have noticed that as I list new stuff less often, my sales have really dropped. I really need to get listing more often but taking photos frustrates me. Case in point. I just took 37 photos and of that 37, I could use 3. /sigh.