Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Computer Calamity!

UGGGHH!  I try to boot up my old Macintosh desktop computer to search through my photos.  Only to hear the click, click, clunk of the hard drive.  Why didn't I back up all my photos?!  I need to look into DVD duplicators so that I can make a few copies of my photos.  I don't want to have to worry about whether our not I have this photo backed up.  I could use a DVD duplication guide to get me started, any one proficient in that?  You never know when your computer is going to go on the fritz.
What would be really cool is to get a CD printer and put one of the photos right on the front of the disc.  That way you could put a picture of the dog on a CD and know that all the photos on there are ones of the family pooch!
Now instead of backing up my pictures I have to take the computer to a hard drive restoration.  I have never had to do this before, so I am nervous about if they can indeed salvage my photos.  With over 50,000 picutres on that one computer, I really would be sad if I lost them all.  The moral of this story is to back up your pictures.  Whether you opt for DVD, CD or external hard drive, it is worth the time and money to back up your memories!

No comments: