Sunday, May 3, 2009

Perfect Bird Day



I was out in the yard soaking up some much needed sunshine, when I saw that our bird house had some activity. I grabbed my camera that is always waiting just inside, and slowly sneaked on to the back porch. Just off the deck we have our bird house we made with the recycled plastic bag roof. A small Carolina wren has made it this season's house. I heard them around the corner, and then I saw them approaching the house as a pair. One seems to distract other birds, as the other one flies into provide some food for the little ones. I was not going to be distracted though. I had my camera pointed and focused on the opening on the bird house. Then the small bird landed on the side of the house, then jumped around to the front. I was able to snap a few pictures before she was off to find more food.


For being such a small bird they sure do have a loud song. One of the loudest in our yard for sure. If you are interested in hearing this Carolina Wren you can check them out here. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a great site for all your bird identifying needs!

No comments: