Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Water Sports

Instead of organizing and packing up to move, I have been looking for Kayaks online. The house we are moving to is just a block from a small boat launch on to the Choctawhatchee Bay. We wanted something fun to do on the water and I think kayaks are the boats for us. We don't like engine noise when enjoying the water, but we don't have the funds for a sailboat. And since we first met while kayaking in the Florida Keys, we thought our own kayaks would be perfect.
I don't know much about kayaks. The Internet has been very helpful there. We found some that look like they might fit the bill. Have you heard of a recycled kayak? Ocean Kayak makes one that is environmentally friendly from 100% post-industrial plastic. How cool.
I would get the Venus 10 since it only weighs 34 pounds, which means I could carry it by myself. That is a determining factor in our purchase. I can't wait to get down there to have some fun in the sun.
If anyone has any info or stories about your own kayaking adventures I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

Henry said...

I know nothing about kayaks, but its weird, because I've just developed a fascination with them,too! I saw a man fishing from a kayak last week. He looked so content, and picturesque on the river, with pole in hand and setting sun behind him. I just want to paddle around in one so badly!