Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A little something for myself

With all the holiday shopping going on, I find that it is important to remember yourself.  In the midst shopping for family gifts, I did a little search for shoes for myself.  I enjoy browsing the internet for the perfect pair.  It is almost a calming venture when looking for a new pair of running shoes, or even some sandals.  I like knowing that I am carving out time for me now as I shoe shop, and time later to go running.   It is a great way to relax and also keep the holiday pounds at bay.  Of course, you can search for any kind of shoes you want.  That is not the best part.  The best part is you can narrow your search in many different ways, like my favorite price!  Depending on my mood I like to sort my shoe search by color.  That way I can see all the blue running shoes first.  How do you like to shoe shop?  Are you a brick and mortar shopper or do you prefer the solitude of online shopping?  I know that I prefer the online shopping, no crowds, no hassle returns, and I love to get packages in the mail.  It is a win-win situation for me.  The added bonus of  shoe therapy is that it is one way to calm my nerves, it is like the reset button.  Once I am done browsing, I can go back to the task at hand, in this case shopping for family holiday gifts.  Maybe I could get some shoes for a few people, two birds one stone!  Perfect!

No comments: