Monday, April 6, 2009

Treadmills are for Winter

In the winter it is hard to keep up with my fitness routine. I really like to get outdoors for my activities. In the winter there are a few things that we like to do such as snowshoeing, but in Chicago, there are only a few days during the 6 months of winter that we can actually do that. It is necessary to have a back up plan. Indoor fitness activities, such as a treadmill. They have come a long way since the first one I owned. You can now get a treadmill that has computers, and even a TV built right into it!

I guess there will be the occasional rainy day in Florida when I will want an elliptical to keep up the healthy fit lifestyle, but I imagine, that I will be outdoors most of the time. I enjoy the elliptical machine, it is such a great workout, and easy on your knees! I find that running whether it be on a treadmill or outside can be difficult on my knees. Another machine that I really enjoy is the stationary bike and the recumbent bike, they provide a nice workout with our being too difficult. You can change the intensity to suit you mood, and even read a book while you exercise!

For those who have to deal with 6 months of winter, they really do get their money's worth out of indoor fitness equipment. As for me I guess I will wait and see what the weather will really be like before I make my next fitness machine purchase!

No comments: