Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do you Haiku?

I bought a book called Haiku Baby, and I love it.  The short poems revolve around nature, as a traditional haiku should, and the are fun for baby.  The illustrations are great too.  The book got me thinking why not "haiku" other thoughts for baby.
I know that the traditional haiku is always about nature, and there are specific rules on how it is structured, but sometimes aren't rules suppose to be broken, or at least altered a bit?  That is how we come up with new and exciting concepts.  I stuck to the 5-7-5 syllables, and took a subject that baby knows well and came up with this little poem for him.


blowing bubbles high
i reach for them in the sky
gotcha - surprise - pop!

What can you come up with.
Give me your best haiku.

1 comment:

tempo punk nas telinhas said...

bom as texturas sao esemplares e tem estilos quem fez sabe o que faz no blogger