Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Duds for a new Year

I am starting a new workout routine for the new year.  You may have seen it in a previous post.  I think I will treat myself to new workout apparel.  It is important to feel confident when starting a new workout routine.  I think it is one way to keep you motivated.  That is the reason for new clothes.  I will check out a pair of new asics sneakers, for maximum comfort for my feet.  Keeping my feet comfortable is a top priority for me.  I don't mind a little muscle discomfort, but I don't like my feet to hurt.  I also think I will pick up a Patagonia fleece.  Since the temperatures are a bit chilly here, and I don't want to have the heat cranked before my workout, this fleece will keep me warm while I do my warmup!  What is my warmup routine you may ask, well, before each workout I like to warm up with my reebok exercise ball.  I find that it is a good way to get my muscles stretched a bit before I start the intense workout.  For all of you out there that are "resolving" to get in shape this year, I would love to hear how you stay motivated.

No comments: