Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A bright New Year

Once the holidays are over and we are getting back to our routine, I like to make sure we are stocked up on the all important light bulbs. Here we like to use eco-friendly lighting such as the compact fluorescent bulbs. I know you are saying that they are filled with mercury and not as eco safe as I think they are. Well, they might indeed have some toxic chemicals, but I sure have to replace them less often, creating less waste in the form of light bulbs, and all the packaging that they come in. I recently helped my parents change the fluorescent bulbs that still illuminate their garage, and found out that we could take them to our local hardware store for recycling, or proper disposal. I thought that was a great way to get rid of the boxes of fluorescent lights that they have collected over the years. Whatever lighting you choose, I hope that you are using energy-saving bulbs in one form or another. It is just one more small step we can all take to better (or at least maintain) the environment.

No comments: