Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall planting

It is time for mums.  We were recently visiting some friends up in Pennsylvania, and they had a great fall scape on the front porch.  There were some gourds surrounded by some fiberglass planters filled with a variety of colors of mums exploding with flowers.  They were huge, and bright, and beautiful.  Now I think it is time for me to pull our my fiber glass planter and fill it up.  You can find all sorts of planters to match the style of your home, and they will last a lifetime!  I am not sure if I can get any plants as nice as theirs looked, but I will go check out the home improvement store for a few good ones.  I find it easiest to buy the plants and put them directly into a fiberglass planter so that when the flowers are gone, I can easily remove them, and fill the planters with something for the next season.  How are you going to decorate for fall?  Post your ideas here, and check back to see what others have come up with.

No comments: