Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I miss my thrift store

Finding a local thrift store is easy. Finding one that has a constant supply of vintage fabric, sheets, and pillowcases is not easy. I do miss my favorite Salvation Army from back in Homewood, IL. Every time, usually once a week, I went there they had a new selection of vintage drapery, vintage pillowcases, the perfect makings of a reusable bag. I am using the Internet to do a local search for thrift stores in my local area Shalimar, but so far, they don't hold much promise for my "go to" store. The ones that I have visited are too neat, or too expensive, or don't have the salvageable fabric that I am looking for. Local yellowpages can be a good lead but until you set foot in the store you don't know if it is going to be the one! Local antique shops are another group I will look at so there are about 40 stores that I need to check out. That will keep me busy for now. Unless of course anyone out there knows of any near by shops that would be worth looking into!

No comments: