Saturday, November 22, 2008

Baking Apprentice

I have gotten another great item in the mail. This one will bring joy all winter long. With the onset of the winter chill, I am in the mood for bread and soup. I purchased The Bread Baker's Apprentice by Peter Reinhart. When I got the book, I opened to the first page, and was captivated. I could not put it down. The story telling with the instruction was mesmerizing. I learned so much and now I have my first loaves of Pain 'a l'Ancienne. This bread doesn't look like previous loaves I have made, this looks, dare I say, similar to the ones in the book?!! I am so excited about this new book, I will have bread all season. I am learning the art of bread baking, not just a recipe, but the art. Bread is one of my weaknesses, so now I can make my own, whenever the mood strikes. I must wait until the bread cools now before indulging in the fruits of my labor!

No comments: