Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


This is guest posted by Farah Tompa
I love animals. I love all kinds. I adore dogs, cats, turtles, elephants, and any other kind of animal. If an animal turns up on my porch, you can bet they will probably get a free meal, with the exception maybe of the elephant. I am fascinated by them, especially trained animals. I love hearing stories about monkeys who can make their own sandwiches and dogs that will turn the lights on for their owners. Because of my love for animals, naturally, I love going to the zoo. About one Saturday every month, I will put on a jacket, set my adt, and head off for a day watching these mystifying creatures. I love to look at the monkey exhibit, I adore the koala bears, and I could watch the majestic tiger for hours. I think one of my favorite parts is the goats. I love being right next to the animals and letting them eat out of my hands. My favorite part about most animals is that they will accept you no matter what. They don't care if you are ugly, fat, black or white, as long as you have food in your hand; you are their new best friend. In a world where it is so hard to be accepted, it is nice to know that I can go to the zoo and be accepted by all who are within the reach of my hand full of food. Granted, I don't want the tiger licking out of my hand, but you get the idea. Come to think of it, the camel and his slobbery tongue better stay away, too. I would love to feed a fish to a penguin though. I think the penguins are so neat, all dressed up in their little tuxes. I love watching them because they seem so care free. They just hang out with their friends and play all day. What a life!

No comments: